Chicken avocado bowls
I originally had this in wrap form, which was tasty, but I wanted a low carb version of it.
July 28, 2017
I hate chicken. It bores me to tears, but has high protein and low fat, so I feel like I’m forever searching for ways to make it tolerable in meal prep. You know what makes everything better? Avocados. So check the macros on this sweet bad boy, and while you’re waiting on the chicken to cook I’d recommend browsing r/avocadosgonewild. You’re welcome. Also, sorry for the weird chicken lb on this one, it’s just what the two packages I grabbed at Whole Foods totaled to. You can find my recipe for salsa verde here
Preparation time10 minsPT10M
Cooking time30 minsPT30M
- 2.7 lbs chicken breast
- .5 cups lime juice
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 Haas Avocados
- 2.5 cups shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1.25 cups salsa verde
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly season chicken with salt(kosher) and pepper. Press chopped garlic into chicken then marinade in the lime juice for 2 hours - 1 day.
- When chicken is done marinading to your desire(or attention span), place in instant pot with 1 cup of water. Using the manual setting, set 10 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, dice avocado.
- When chicken is done, do a quick release and carefully move chicken to a plate. Slice chicken into bite siced pieces and distribute between 5 mealprep containers.
- Add 1/2 avocado and 1/2 cup shredded cheese to each bowl. Mix to combine if that's your jam, it's def mine. Finish each bowl with .25 cups of salsa verde.
- If you'd like a carbier version - I'd highly recommend wrapping the ingredients in a tortilla and wrapping in plastic wrap. When you pop it out of the fridge, toss it in a pan with a bit of oil on high heat for a few min a side to get it nice and crispy. I'll leave to your discretion what you do with the remaining avocado half. I scarf mine every time like the basic bitch I am.