Chicken & Wild Rice
Chicken & Wild Rice is a super easy all in one pot meal prep you can tweak to match your macros.
August 03, 2017
Easy meal prep for balanced carbs and protein. Feel free to change chicken amount to meet your macros, it won’t affect the rest of the recipe proportions.
Preparation time15 minsPT15M
Cooking time28 minsPT28M
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3.5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2TBSP butter
- 3 diced shallots
- 2 diced carrots
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- salt, pepper, seasoning to taste
- Using the sauté setting, preheat on normal for 1.5 minutes
- Generously salt and pepper your chicken thighs.
- Use tongs to put chicken in the pan - watch out for oil splatter!
- Sear chicken thighs until browned on each side.
- Remove chicken and set aside on a plate
- Add 1/2 cup broth to deglaze the pan, scrape the bits with a wooden spoon. If there are any stuck on spots, be sure and lift those away from the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add shallot, mushroom and carrots, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, and continue to cook for another minute.
- Add remaining chicken stock, rice, thyme and stir together.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the mixture.
- Place the lid on instant pot, and lock it, setting the valve to sealing.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes, and allow the Instant Pot to release naturally.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken, and stir the pot. Distribute into meal prep containers.